Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The ECM160

Howdy!

Happy 21st of April!

After 70 degree weather last Thursday and Friday, I awoke this morning to temperatures in the 30s and a light snowy drizzle.  Being disgusted all day because of the inclement weather (I don't mind Wisconsin winters, but don't tease me with 70 degree days in the middle of it..), made this evening that much sweeter as Jenna busted out her newest toy:  The Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso & Cappuccino Maker - ECM160.  Thankfully, Sean has nearly a decade experience as a Barnes & Noble Barista, so he jumped in the drivers seat and whipped up lattes and macchiatos for all.

The ECM160 boasts that its 4 cup espresso maker makes it easy to enjoy 1 to 4 cups of delicious espressos, cappuccinos, or lattes.  Additionally, the powerful milk frothing nozzle and frothing aid helps steam milk to perfection, and for only $35.oo, you'd be foolish not to invest in an ECM160.  

While learning from Sean how to make a caramel macchiato ("It's a layered drink, Chris.  You start by filling the cup with a splash of vanilla, followed by steamed milk and a dash of foam.  Topping the foam with the espresso is vital to give the drink it's kick, and it's finished off by a nice pattern of caramel on top." - Sean), I also learned that Starbucks is making an approximate 800% profit when you purchase a $4.00 caramel macchio from their store.   

The moral of the story is:  I will be buying an ECM160 very soon, and I recommend you do the same.  Some photos of the fun evening:  


The ECM160 is ready to roll
Caramel Macchiato: by Sean
I think you'll have trouble finding even a hint of difference.

This was the best homemade macchiato I've ever had.

Even Andrew was impressed by the ECM160

Pittsburgh Pirates Update:  Since choosing the Pirates as my favorite MLB team of all time, they've gone 4-2 and have pulled within a game of first place in the NL Central Division.  The Bucs go for the sweep of the Marlins tomorrow afternoon.  

Birthday Wishes:  It's my good friend Jason's birthday on Wednesday the 22nd.  If you've got a free minute or two, I'm sure he'd love to hear from you (even (especially) if you don't know him): jasonrhedger@hotmail.com.  Maybe in the subject line you could just put that you know me, that would be great.  

I need your traveling advice:  If you had 7-10 days to travel anywhere in the U.S., where would you go, and why?  christopher.clyde.aderhold@gmail.com


Peace be da journey. 

2 comments:

Chadwick said...

um, if I had seven to ten days to travel anywhere in the US I would either A: go visit Wes and Courtney in NC where there would be much outdoor activity to be had, outside dining and coffee drinking with the sound of the ocean in the background. B: Go see your grandmother down in Florida where there would be some good scuba diving for you to try out and maybe take one of your good friends who might just enjoy such a venture. I also imagine there to be some primo spots for drinking coffee in Key Biscayne.

caleb said...

Hmm I would travel to Boston and catch a sox game, or even better yet go see your beloved Pirates. I am sure that they could use a loud voice and passion as you have. Or you could come to Oklahoma and play in the 1st Annual NE Golf Classic.