Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Mustache Diaries X


Tuesday number 10.  

People have asked, "Chris, if you like the mustache so much, why don't you keep it after the wedding?"

Forgive me for not explaining the situation better.  It was decided that as great as 7 guys with mustaches is going to look together, having them for the actual wedding ceremony would be a bit much.  We're going to be rocking the stache's for the rehearsal & dinner on Friday night, and then for the pre-wedding pictures on Saturday of just the guys.  We are then going to shave off our pride and joys so that we look a little more presentable during the wedding and the post-wedding pictures of the guys and girls together.  

All that being said, this means I only have a mere 4 days...

I'll make sure to have video rolling and photos snapping during the painful mustache divorce.  If you don't hear from me for a while, it's because I'm probably going to have a tough time coming to grips with this.  I'll be parting ways with something that's really grown on me.  I've tended to it, and nurtured it, and even cultivated it for over 10 weeks.  There are marriages out there that don't even last that long.  

I'll tell you one thing:  The 'stache and I are going to live it up these next 4 days as if they are our last, because quite frankly, they will be.  I can't imagine ever putting in the time and effort (not to mention embarrassment) of growing a mustache again.  It's been a good run, pal.
Check back next week to hear all about the big wedding, and the aftermath of the mustache divorce. 

Merry Christmas! 
   

No comments: